Tuesday 7 August 2007

Welcome

Welcome readers

Hibernium is here. It's a been a while since I got tired with a the quality of what is regarded as coverage of politics and policy in Ireland a soon after that I decided that sometimes I could do just a little better. So here we are. From the comfort of this girl's bedroom comes a forum for comment and analysis of the news of the day to long-term trends in Ireland, and sometimes even the world beyond. Things I like include stuff like demographics, constitutions and antitrust economics. Expect to see things in this vein. Stuff that bores me includes science, technology and golf. Also expect to see a bit of press criticism. The Irish media never truly criticises or contextualises itself so expect to see an attempt here.

In the spirit of such things I'll be clear. I am not a political partisan, indeed in Ireland this would be quite hard given the homogenietiy of the political class. I am a liberal in both the social and economic spheres although I certainly intend to surprise you. I won't be coming at any topic with any vested interest. I don't know anyone of importance and nobody pays me so expect to see analysis and criticism both at and from all angles.

However Hibernium is comment and analysis constrained by internet resources and the virtue of being a barely part-time activity. So I might get things wrong the odd time, but do feel free to correct me: hibernien at gmail. dot com. And if you're good enough I'll even post what you have to say.

Happy reading, Hibernien

1 comment:

datacharmer said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! All the best, and looking forward to reading your posts.